FEAR 2 - Project Origin

Eine Woche ist ins Land gegangen, jetzt müsste auch die Demo bald für alle zugänglich sein.

piko hat folgendes geschrieben:

Schade, weder mit Firefox noch mit Safari kann ich mich registrieren. Ein Klick auf den "Registrieren"Button bringt absolut überhaupt garnichts. :( Dabei war ich schon lange nicht mehr in London.

Wie schon erwähnt muss da was mit der Eingabe nicht stimmen. Bei mir geht es auf den folgenden Browsern: IE, OPERA, FIREFOX, SAFARI.

Die Demo ist seit 22.1. öffentlich zugänglich.

Hier die Antworten von Monolith auf eure gesammelten Fragen:

• If I want to really enjoy the sequel do I have to play with the first one?
o No. That said, F.E.A.R. is a great game and I think that having played the first game will give a player a better appreciation for F.E.A.R.2. F.E.A.R.2 continues where the first game left off, but it can definitely stand alone as its own narrative and gameplay experience. We got a lot of feedback from F.E.A.R. that the story was difficult to understand, so in F.E.A.R.2 we have taken a more dynamic and engaging approach to telling the story. In addition to the cinematic storytelling, we have also placed Intel items to remind and enrich aspects of the first story.

• Will there be more levels in exterior than in the first FEAR ?

a. We’ve really paid attention to what our fans had to say about the world of FEAR. The biggest request we get from fans for FEAR 2 is variety, and I think we’ve done a great job of addressing that. Aside from the ruined city you’re going to be exploring a wide variety of environments like an elementary school, several underground labs, and the heart of where Alma was created. Every location has a unique theme and color palette specially designed to evoke the emotions and feelings we want the player to be experiences as he makes his way through the game.

• Is there going to be a real truesight in FEAR2? FEAR only had a semi truesight, some kind of zoom.
o Yeah, we have changed to full ironsights for F.E.A.R.2. We felt that staring down the barrel of your gun was a much more immersive experience than the semi-truesight zoom in F.E.A.R.

• How long will the “story option/way” be?
o There is a high degree of variability with the length of the game based on play style. I can safely say that it’s competitive with other recent shooters that are on the market.

• How many levels of difficulty will the game have? How this difficulty will be reflected in every level? (in some games, less difficulty means stupid enemies, in others you shoot and you are less powerful than your enemies, is some of this strategies the way to reflect the difficulty?)
o We currently have three levels of difficulty and the way each one is crafted as based upon many factors, some of which are damage, and damage mitigation, others range into who much stimuli the AI will receive when making their combat choices, Overall it’s a long list a variable that need to be tweaked for each level of difficulty.

• What’s the technological level of the second part of GOTY?

• I would like to know if you are going to develop substantially the multiplayer option.
o Multiplayer is fully featured. We have six different game types, with some very interesting takes on the traditional modes you expect from shooters. One of our favorites is Armored Front which is a variation of the control point style of gameplay. Players are broken up into teams, and each team has access to an EPA. I cannot tell you how much fun it is to climb inside and EPA and mow down your enemy forces. When we finished the mode we knew it was a lot of fun, but we had no ideas the kinds of strategies people ended up creating and employing when playing an Armored Front match. You just don’t realize how much an EPA changes up the gameplay until you’ve gotten into one and started laying waste to the opposing force.

• Is the FEAR 2 main character the same than in FEAR 1?

o FEAR 2 is a continuation of Alma’s storyline. As a result, the story necessarily had to take a different perspective this time around that does not include the Point Man or any of the other characters from the first game. This time around, you will be playing as Michael Becket, a Delta operative. I can’t give you many details on Becket or how he fits into the narrative of the F.E.A.R. universe because he is so closely tied to the story of F.E.A.R.2. You’ll understand when you play through the game, but rest assured, we haven’t forgotten about the FEAR squad or anyone else who was affected by the events of FEAR!

• About the requirements for PC, will the game have live pc? Are there many differences among the 3 platforms? Which platform has been easier to develop?
o Well, each of the platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, and we tried to develop to each of the platforms strengths. We developed F.E.A.R.2 simultaneously on all the platforms because we wanted to ensure that the gameplay experience was great across the board.

Zurück