Halo 3 Skill System

Para Fanatico

Bekanntes Gesicht
So ich hab jetzt was nützliches gefunden um (alle)fragen zu dem Skill System zu beantworten.(Englisch kenntnisse müssen vorhanden sein)sonst pech gehabt!

Wie funktioniert der "True Skill"
Trueskill assigns skills on a normal distribution (bell curve, Gaussian). The Trueskill system has two main variables to consider. They are your player skill level (Mu) and your uncertainty factor (Sigma).

Mu is an approximation of your skill level based upon past performance. Win games to raise Mu, and lose games to lower Mu.

Sigma is the numerical representation of the range in which your true skill could lie. Play really consistently, and you have a low Sigma. Play streakily, and you have a higher Sigma.

After a win, the Trueskill system adjusts your skill ranking based upon the Mu and Sigma of all the players in the game. We'll go deeper into how much it is adjusted later.
Trueskill systems use a conservative ranking Ranking = mu - (K * Sigma) so your skill is likely to be higher than the actual number represented in your Halo 3 highest skill level. K is a constant assigned an arbitrary value by the developers of the game.

Wieso steig ich mit dem höchsten können nicht auf,obwohl ich X Spiele gewonnen hab aber mein Freund doch??

Mu increases after a win. Always. The increase is proportional to the winner's Sigma and the Mu difference between the winner and the loser. So, if your Sigma is high, you will proceed faster through the ranking system (in BOTH directions). If your Sigma is low, you will both gain and lose rank more slowly.

Die faktoren die entscheidend sind!

Trueskill DOES NOT take into evaluation performances inside the game. The ONLY statistics that Trueskill takes from a game are the Mu and Sigma values of all the players, and how you placed.

1.Getting the MVP (Bester Spieler sein)
2.Having a High K/D ratio (Keinen schlechten Schnitt haben)
3.Getting the most medals
4.Skill levels of those you killed / killed you
5.Weapons you used
6.Headshots
7.Captures, detonations, stops, ousts, etc.

NONE of them matter when calculating the Mu increase/decrease. Any link between any of these and the skill ratings are purely correlative and not causative.

For example. When I play Team Slayer with my buddies on my alternate gamertag, much of the time I end up carrying the team. I created this tag to play with my buddies, and as such, have only ever played on that party with that tag. I ranked up to the level of my friends within 20 or so games, while it had taken them 50 to 100 games to reach their level. My friends thought that it was because of my frequent MVP status and my high K/D ratio that I leveled up so fast.

Wrong. I leveled up fast because A) I initially had a very high Sigma, making my Mu more variable after each win, B) Starting out at a 1 and playing people in the mid teens gave me a considerable boost every time I won, and C) We won more frequently than they had in the past.

In strict Trueskill systems, Sigma only decreases. I believe the "momentum" system in Halo 3 means that Sigma can be increased through consistent winning or losing. This is total conjecture, but I think that Sigma in Halo 3 matchmaking hoppers is proportional to the absolute value of the win/loss ratio of your last X number of games. The formula probably looks a little like: Sigma = C ( / wins - losses / ) where C is an arbitrary constant. This would explain why when some people go on a win streak with two or more different parties, their skill goes up faster than their teammates' skill.

I also believe that the system is weighted so that the peak of the normal distribution is around level 20, not level 25. That means it will take more wins to level through 1-25 than it will 25-50. Which makes a bit of sense, if you don't want the highest levels too terribly crowded.

The higher the Sigma of your opponents, the less Mu you gain from beating them.

Predictable outcomes (e.g. win against a lower ranked opponent) are treated as statistically less significant. Upsets are given more weight. So, winning against lower ranked opponents doesn't do much for your Mu rating. Neither does losing against higher ranked ones. But beat a team that's 6 or more ranks above you and at least someone on your team will rank up.

Trueskill ratings have no discernable correlation from hopper to hopper. When you play on a hopper you've never played on before, you are starting with a fresh Mu and a high Sigma.

Team Mu and Team Sigma are the summation of the Mu and Sigma values of all the players on the team. When calculating the skill of an opponent in a team game, the system uses the Team Mu and Team Sigma values in calculation wherever rational.

Und nein,es stimmt nicht dass umso mehr EP man hat umso schlechter aufsteigt,die Erfahrungspunkte haben überhaupt keinen einfluss auf denn Skill Hätte ich dass gewusst bevor ich 300 mal dass Spiel vorzeitig beendet hätte dass ich Ep verliere umso besser aufzusteigen wär ich glücklicher gewesen mit Halo 3. [/b]

Para poste doch mal den Link wo du das her hast :) ... glaube dort gabs auch noch eine Grafik die dieses Sigma/Mu erklärt.. wenn ich mich nicht irre

ne eine Grafik hab ich nicht gesehen,ich hab glaub ich 1 stunde diesen Thread gesucht und gefunden.

Aaaargh...Was? Kann doch nicht sein, dass ich jetzt schon versage.
Egal, gehört vielleicht nicht hier hin, aber ich brauch Hilfe

Thema: HALO 3 Schädel
1. Schädel gefunden
2. Schädel in Hand halten tut
3. WAS JETZT? Wie einstecken, benutzen, etc.??

Eigentlich soll es ja auch GS dafür geben, doch nix ist passiert.
Kann ich die sicher nicht irgendwo hin stecken? In A*** oder so und rausschleusen?

Icestroke hat folgendes geschrieben:

Goreminister hat folgendes geschrieben:

Eigentlich soll es ja auch GS dafür geben, doch nix ist passiert.

Kann ich die sicher nicht irgendwo hin stecken? In A*** oder so und rausschleusen?

:bigsmile: ne geht nicht.

Es gibt doch Goldene und Silberne Schädel und soweit ich weiß gibts nur für die Goldenen GS.

Jo, hab mal gerade geguckt. Die muss man nur schief ansehen und kann se dann wieder wegwerfen. Wie beknackt, aber naja...

Zurück