ENGLISH TOPIC - Where to buy Xbox 360 games?

T_ReX

Neuer Benutzter
Hello everyone!

I just arrived in Germany so I dont speak german yet, but I bought a Xbox 360 and now I want to buy some games.

So, what shops do you know (online)? Like Amazon.de...
Maybe a shop that sells english games or a shop from United Kingdoms.

Thanks a lot in advance

T_ReX

There is this online shop "spielegrotte.de"
I guess everyone here would recommend this shop. It's reliable and also got low prices.
They offer the Uk Version of games that are censored in Germany.

Welcome T_ReX :),

maybe you already know http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/RegionHome.html, they also deliver Games to germany (althoug there my be some risk with one or the other title containing extreme violence).

There are some alternatives like http://www.spielegrotte.de/ or gameware.at, maybe you should give a try there, too (in most cases the verification of your age is needed).

That's all help I can give you for now... just wait a couple of Days an some experts here may give you even some better advice.

I hope that's helpful to you for now... :sun:

Greets,

Hüni

(P.S.: If there are mistakes in my way writing in english, please tell me - I'm always happy to learn something! :))

play.com very good prices :D
but are you sure they deliver in Germany???

thanks a lot and your english is great! (Im not american so mine probably has some mistakes too haha)

do you have icq? or maybe msn?

T_ReX hat folgendes geschrieben:

play.com very good prices :D
but are you sure they deliver in Germany???

As far as i have experienced, they also deliver here - that's where I got my Half Life 2 Orange Box (uncut). ;)

But, as I just said, there might be a risk that certain titles get captured when passing the borders (not too often, but it's still possible).

thanks a lot and your english is great! (Im not american so mine probably has some mistakes too haha)

OK, that makes two of us... :bigsmile:

do you have icq? or maybe msn?

Just click on my Avatar and send me a private Message, then we'll see... OK? :sun:

ohh Play.com delivers in Germany only if you choose Euro Payment =(

Amazon.co.uk also delivers in Germany, but sometimes the people who sells there (market) dont do that so screw you up.

But its all ok, games is english its better for now ^^

www.spielegrotte.de and for the few titles that aren´t allowed in germany
http://www2.gameware.at/ which is an austrian shop is a good adress for uncut and english titles.

Some of the games, that you can buy here in Germany are not localized for he German market or do also contain english text/audio. Forza Motorsport 2 e.g. is completely in english, if you have adjustet your Xbox Dashboard to the english language. So you can buy many Games at your local store (mostly Media Markt in the outskirts of a town or Saturn in the inner City), if you can find out in advance, which Games are english and which are not.

T_ReX hat folgendes geschrieben:

ohh Play.com delivers in Germany only if you choose Euro Payment =(

Amazon.co.uk also delivers in Germany, but sometimes the people who sells there (market) dont do that so screw you up.

But its all ok, games is english its better for now ^^
play.com does deliver to Germany, I tested that myself with a PSP title a few weeks ago.
But they are located in Jersey and I am not sure whether or not that implies you would have to pay additional VAT, if your "shopping basket" is worth more than 22 EUR. The packages sometimes are checked by the customs office and you get a notification.

Credit card is the most convenient method of payment on most online portals. With that payment option the currency does not play a role any more. Your issuing credt card company might charge you a "currency conversion fee" of 1%, but I suppose that is acceptable.

Slightly off topic, but I have a question regarding the customs office. I recently ordered a collector's item from the US (New York) and it was both expensive ($300 without S&H) and heavy (more than 10 pounds if memory serves me right), not to mention huge.
Probably no way this is going to slip past the customs office, right?

Sigistauffen hat folgendes geschrieben:

Slightly off topic, but I have a question regarding the customs office. I recently ordered a collector's item from the US (New York) and it was both expensive ($300 without S&H) and heavy (more than 10 pounds if memory serves me right), not to mention huge.
Probably no way this is going to slip past the customs office, right?
something that huge would definitely never just "slip past" the customs office.:)
Besides, even , if the customs office should forget or ignore your "showboat" parcel, it would not release you from the obligation to pay the relevant taxes for the particular item.

Bummer. Well, there's hoping the guys won't open the package all by themselves and break it in the process. (are they allowed to do that?)

As far as my knowledge doesn't betray me, customs officers are entitled to open any parcel considered suspicious of law infringement. The bigger the parcel, the bigger the chance it might be either taken as a random sample or even picked and opened specifically.

Evil Wraith hat folgendes geschrieben:

As far as my knowledge doesn't betray me, customs officers are entitled to open any parcel considered suspicious of law infringement. The bigger the parcel, the bigger the chance it might be either taken as a random sample or even picked and opened specifically.

Booahh, da ist einer mit Abitur! :);)

Das auch, vor allem aber noch vor der Geburt bereits an der englischen Sprache interessiert ;) .

"as far as my knowledge doesn't betray me" hört sich aber ein wenig seltsam an.
Danke für den Hinweis auf jeden Fall.

Ist eine sehr hochtrabende Ausdrucksweise, aber durchwegs korrekt. Kann natürlich auch bei einem flapsigen AFAIK bleiben ;) .

Ich würde eher zu "if memory serves me right", "unless my knowledge betrays me / if my knowledge doesn't betray me" oder einfach "if I'm not mistaken" greifen, aber das ist natürlich nur Klugscheisserei meinerseits.
Grammatikalisch sind se wohl alle richtig. ;)

Wie heißt's doch so schön: "If you're going to split hair, I'm going to piss off!" :D .

Zurück